Friday, December 3, 2010

Afterwork with Anna, Maria, and Jesper

Since I come to Sweden, four months has passed. Time flies.

I suddenly noticed that I haven't seen some Swedish friends I met in Taiwan yet, so I arranged Afterwork this Friday. I will arrange more activities during my stay in Sweden to see more people.

The Afterwork was supposed to be in Smaka, a restaurant providing traditional Swedish food. However, after I got there, I found out that Smaka has no Afterwork in December. They only provide Christmas meals, which is more expensive. So I changed the Afterwork to Babar on Avenyn.

It was a very bad time choice since many people were not free. To my surprise, Maria, Jesper, and Anna showed up. They were the exchange students in Taiwan. I was the translator in their Chalmers Asia Office, and I was with them very often that year. It is hard to describe how happy I was to see familiar faces! They don't change much. We had a good time eating and talking. I tried a green shot with mint, which makes people feel cold.

Later we went to a bar called Kelly's. It is a much more relaxing place. People there are in middle class, unlike the people in the pubs in Avenyn who wears fancy clothes. They have unique clothes and hair style, like shiny red hairs. People there are very stylish, as Jesper said, they care less about their appearance but more about their soul. No matter who you are, everyone is equal there.

It was fun! I'll arrange more activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment